Once you have logged into uGuide, you will see a "?", a magnifying glass, and a "+" link in uGuide's toolbar. To create guidance using uGuide's recorder, use "+" icon at the bottom of the toolbar to start a new recording session in uGuide.
To begin a new recording, it's best to start at the first page of the web application.
- Product: ANCILE uGuide
- Click on the "+" icon. uGuide displays links to helpful how-to videos for creating and editing guidance. uGuide also displays the New Process window.
- Enter the title and an optional description for the new process. uGuide's recorder is automatically enabled.
- Perform the task in the web application. uGuide will capture your actions and display them in the New Process window.
- To pause and continue recording, simply click uGuide's Recording button.
- To remove the last recorded step, click the Undo button.
- To redo the last recorded step, click the Redo button.
- Continue recording until the entire task is complete.
- When the task is complete, pause the recorder.
- Click the Save icon to save the current recording. uGuide will display a message confirming that your new recording is saved. After your recording is saved, you can review and edit your recording before publishing it.
- Now that you've created a new uGuide process, simply close the Edit Process window.
New or updated guidance is automatically placed into a "draft" state in which only authors can view and edit the guidance. To make guidance available to end users, you must publish the guidance.