Ensure tasks are completed quickly and reduce overall time users spend in your applications with uPerform. Quickly and easily publish context-sensitive learning content tailored for each role and specialty, available right where it’s needed -- within the workflow. Learn how embedding performance support within applications like Fiori, Infor SmartHelp, and web applications like SalesForce.com, can help users master your applications while they work.
- Installing the browser extension
- Configuring the server for in-application help
- Configuring the extension for your web app
- How the uPerform recorder deals with context
The functionality included in this webinar is available with the latest version of uPerform subscription and on-prem version 5.40.
- Delivering learning content within the application and at the time of need with uPerform - MP4 Recording
CORRECTION: uPerform in-application help support for Microsoft Edge is not available today but is currently in our development plans for 2019. Additional detail will be provided closer to the release date.
Below is a summary of the Q&A from this webinar:
- Does uPerform in-application help work with any web application? uPerform in-application help can be configured for most web apps, and we will assist you as throughout the process. In-application help information can be found on our Intelligence Hub at https://uperformhelp.ancile.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002520946-Configuring-SAP-Fiori-and-UI5-for-use-with-Context-Sensitive-Help. Please submit a ticket or contact your account manager to get started.
- Can I configure uPerform in-application help for non-web applications? Yes, we support several non-web apps with integrated help. Please submit a ticket or contact your account manager with your specific apps to get started.
- How does the in-application help context get captured automatically? Can I still add it manually? uPerform automatically captures the URL and location within the screen when you are recording and uses it as the context by default. If you have documents recorded before this version of uPerform, you can still add the web-context manually.
- Is it possible to configure uPerform in-application help with uPerform version 5.40? Yes, you can configure in-application help with on-prem version 5.40.
- What browsers are supported for the uPerform in-application help browser extension? Internet Explorer and Google Chrome have browser extensions for web apps. If the application allows embedding a snippet, like Fiori, any browser works.
- What browser should I use to record? To record, we recommend using Internet Explorer as it exposes the most contextual information.
- Is uPerform in-application help available for users accessing help from an iPad or iPhone? If the application you are using supports snippets, uPerform in-application help will work on both iPad and iPhone.
- Does uPerform in-application help for Fiori work with the latest version of uPerform? In-application help for Fiori is available with uPerform subscription (formerly known as uPerform Cloud) and uPerform version 5.40.
- Do any customers have in-application help deployed with Fiori today? Yes, we currently have Fiori in-application help deployed with one or more customers. If you have any specific questions, please reach out to your account manager for more information.
- What work is required for a Fiori developer to configure uPerform in-application help? Once Fiori Help Launchpad is configured (a one-time effort), Fiori development support is no longer needed. More information is available at https://uperformhelp.ancile.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002520946-Configuring-SAP-Fiori-and-UI5-for-use-with-Context-Sensitive-Help.
- How do you get the screen names if using SAP CRM? For managed documents? This is done with transaction code for CRM or via properties for managed documents.
- Is uPerform in-application help available to users who use Microsoft Edge? An extension for Microsoft Edge is on our uPerform roadmap for later this year (2019). Microsoft is switching over its Edge browser to use Chromium technology, so it will be very likely be the same (or very similar) extension as Google Chrome.
- Do end users have to install the in-application help extension or can our IT department do this? The extension can be distributed via group policy and other IT mechanisms.
- Do all .udc files need to be updated for each step/screen for in-application help? Not if they already have the transaction codes added under the former method.
- Is the previously noted 1024 x 768 resolution size still recommended for recording content? There is not a specific dimension size that we recommend. We recommend you check with your IT department to determine lowest resolution size used on devices throughout your organization and use that as the minimum resolution size when recording content.
- Does uPerform in-application help work for all formats including video and screen recordings? Yes, you can choose which formats to enable when publishing content. End-users can choose to view context-sensitive help in whatever available formats they prefer.
- Your example during the webinar was “Log a Call” in SFDC. Can you provide an example where multiple help items are related to the same page? How does this show if there are multiple learning objects recorded from the same screen? If there are multiple documents with the contextual information in them that points to the same screen in the application uPerform will provide end-users with a list of documents available. The end-user can choose the document based on what support they are looking for. As an author it’s important to include a description when publishing your documents so end-users have the information needed to quickly find the help they are looking for.
- Is the process of configuring uPerform in-application help documented in a Job Aid? Yes, you can watch the webinar recording and find specific steps documented at https://uperformhelp.ancile.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002520946-Configuring-SAP-Fiori-and-UI5-for-use-with-Context-Sensitive-Help.
- Do all users have to perform a Management Center configuration to setup in-application help? No, just one administrator needs to complete the in-application help configuration for each application. For end-users, the browser extension needs to be pushed to their web browsers by group policy (or installed from the Google Chrome store) with help from your IT department.
- Does uPerform in-application help work with Workday? Yes, we have worked with Workday HCM.
- When recording in a test environment, or some other non-production/user environment, does the context identifier have to be changed when the uPerform document is available in the production/user environment? In the uPerform Management Center, you can configure an automatic URL substitution so that the contexts recorded in the dev environment work in production.
- If filming in a test/non-production environment, do I have to change the URL manually afterwards for the production in-application support? In our subscription version of uPerform, you can replace them automatically using a configuration in the Help Connection Profile.
- Can uPerform in-application help be used in Electronic Medical Records. Do you have experience with Epic EMR? Absolutely. uPerform is part of the Epic App Orchard, and we have developed deep integrations to support in application help. Learn more at https://www.ancile.com/uperform-for-epic/. Submit a ticket or contact your account manager to get started.
- When using a LMS, how is this transaction code used within a curriculum in my LMS? Transaction Codes (i.e., unique identifiers) are metadata you plug into the Properties (backend) of a uPerform source file. They are used by the uPerform Server to uniquely identify a particular uPerform document in relation to the page the content was built for. These transaction codes allow uPerform to identify content based on a search. So, when the in-application help sends a search call to uPerform using that code, uPerform presents the documents containing that unique code in its properties. Transaction codes do not serve a purpose in LMS curriculum.
- Is there an additional way to activate uPerform in-application help with in template? No. In-application help (i.e., context sensitive help) is activated by installing the code necessary for in-application help to run within your application (i.e., browser extension in Google Chrome or Internet Explorer; plugin within other apps), and configuring a Context Sensitive Help Connection Profile within the uPerform Server. The only thing you need to make sure is “activated” within your template is the “Transaction Code” property if you are going to manually provide the unique context information.
uPerform In-Application Help with Salesforce.com
uPerform In-Application Help with SuccessFactors