With uPerform, you can quickly create and host existing eLearning courses. Use these best practices and tips to complete training outside of the classroom.
Creating a course
When creating a new course, follow this advice to get started:
- Leverage existing content: Fast-track your course creation by reusing PowerPoint presentations you already have. Get started with these instructions.
- Recreate the classroom experience: Need to add audio to your course? Save time by using Text to Speech (TTS).
- Confirm understanding: Add assessments to your course to test users on what they've learned. Learn how.
- Track performance: Track progress and view scores with the Assessment Performance Report.
- Running the Assessment Performance Report without an LMS.
- Publish to your LMS:
- You can easily connect uPerform to your LMS for report synchronization. Submit a ticket to get started.
- Learn how to upload a course to your LMS.
- No time for training? Create short, easily digestible courses that can be completed in minutes, not hours.
Managing your template
The uPerform team recommends a few best practices to consider for your template when creating eLearning courses:
- Match your organization's brand: When branding your eLearning course skin, ensure that your logo, color scheme, and font reflect your organization's standards. Contact your Marketing team for a copy of your branding guidelines. Learn how you can brand your course with our webinar.
- Keep learners engaged: Set the text-to-speech to read a shortened transcript versus the full text so that your course isn't simply reading every word displayed on the screen throughout your course. For instructions on how to setup text-to-speech see our online guide.
- Curate, don't create: Enable the resources feature to import existing content, such as PowerPoint, Word, or PDF files, into your course so you save time by reusing content.
- Improve the user experience: Enable the exit simulation setting when you have embedded simulations so that users can easily navigate back the course after viewing each simulation. See the Default Publication Settings: Simulation section of the Managing Content with ANCILE uPerform manual.
- Enable learning on-the-go: Use the MP4 video file type to ensure learners on mobile and tablet devices can play video content included in your course. Learn how to manage your video settings under Default Publication Settings: Course: General Settings here.
- Upload your course to your LMS: Don't forget to set your LMS settings to ensure your course is compatible with your LMS. Check with your LMS administrator to determine whether SCORM or AICC is right for you. Learn how to configure your LMS template settings here.
- Choose either Pass/Fail or Complete/Incomplete as passing thresholds.
- Setting a Score Percentage controls how learners advance.
- Allow retakes: If learners fail or score below the threshold, you can choose to allow learners to retake assessments or questions until they get it right. Learn how to configure the retake setting here.
- Discourage answer sharing: Enable the randomized question bank to ensure learners can take assessments without memorizing the answer order or cheating off fellow employees. Learn how to configure this setting here.