Are you considering upgrading to uPerform Cloud? Many new features are waiting for you on our enhanced platform. But don't take our word for it – Sean Wynne, IS Learning and Development Consultant at Maple Leaf Foods, shares his upgrade experience including the impactful benefits they’ve realized by migrating to the Cloud. As a uPerform Admin, Sean illustrates the steps and resources involved in upgrading, so you'll learn how to apply the same approach for your migration.
After the presentation, Christina Eberly, a Client Success Lead on the uPerform team provides an overview of the upgrade process and answers all your important questions. By the end you’ll know what to expect, what resources will be needed and for how long, and the support that our team provides to you every step of the way.
- Upgrading to uPerform Cloud
- uPerform Cloud New Feature Demos and Information
- Customer Guide: Migrate Data to uPerform Cloud - White Paper
- What has the feedback been from end-users at Maple Leaf Foods since migrating to uPerform Cloud from on-prem? Feedback has been really good. Not having to connect to VPN to connect to content has been a "big win" for Maple Leaf Foods. uPerform performance has been faster - including the loading of content and running reports.
- What kind of reports are Maple Leaf Foods running on uPerform Cloud and how have they helped your training team? The most important reporting for Maple Leaf Foods' IT team is compliance reporting for eLearning security courses, including assigning content to people and tracking progress. Hit count report gives insight into usage of uPerform and how users are accessing content has been key to their success.
- Did you need to make any changes to SAP to be able to access uPerform Cloud from SAP GUI? No, that was one of the easier steps in the integration. We only needed to update the URL to point from the on-premise server to the uPerform Cloud server, which took about 15 minutes to make the change. There was some change management approval needed internally which took some time, but the change itself was easy.
- Did you research any other solutions in comparison to uPerform Cloud before making your decision? Enable Now was evaluated as a top comparison to uPerform. From both cost and access standpoints, uPerform was the preferred solution.
- Are you using SAP Fiori? No, Maple Leaf Foods is currently migrating to S/4HANA.
- Are you using uPerform beyond SAP as a platform? Absolutely, Maple Leaf Foods uses uPerform for their laboratory/inventory system, Power BI tool for reporting, and mobile interface tools for people out in the field. Content created and distributed includes eLearning courses, how-to videos, Captivate courses, and work instructions. "The great thing is our users know regardless of what technology application or tool that I'm using if I need help, I can go to the [uPerform] knowledge hub, I can search for help and I'll find help on it."
- Can we keep using the current uPerform on-premise server solution without the upgrade to Cloud? Yes, but you won't be able to take advantage of some of the latest functionality mentioned today, including third-party eLearning content management in uPerform, mobile-responsiveness of Learning Library, eLearning course enhancements, the new reporting engine, etc.
- Are there any types of content or settings that cannot be transferred to the Cloud as part of the migration process? Yes, but not to worry! The design of the new reporting functionality does not allow the transfer of custom reports created on the on-premise server, but our Client Success team will help you build out new reports on the new Cloud system.
- On average, how long does the system freeze last? Can end-users access the system during this time? Freezes last between 3-5 days, depending on the scope of the migration project. Most clients keep the on-premise environment available to end-users during the transition so help content is available to end-users.
- Will links to server content be broken during the upgrade? The location of the content will remain the same, but the structure of the URL will change, including the hostname, so they will need to be repointed as part of the migration process.
- Is it possible to get a copy of the Migration Overview and Timeline shared during this presentation? Yes, please submit a ticket for a copy of our Upgrading to uPerform Cloud collateral.
- What version of uPerform on-prem is needed to perform the migration? uPerform version 4.4+ above is required. The actual database migration is available for a SQL server backend. If you have an Oracle backend we have tools available to migrate content over to the Cloud, but settings may need to be set up manually.